A tutorial to setup a personal dashboard with bookmarks and search that works across browsers. No more sync accounts.
- No sync accounts to access your bookmarks.
- Use a variety of search engines.
- Automatic Dark and light theme.
- Modify the look and feel as you like.
- Take notes.
- Ability to display web based news or articles (Like XML, Atom Feeds).
- Password protected dashboard.
How to open the dashboard on every new tab
How to edit bookmarks?
- Navigate to _data —> bookmarks.yml
For each bookmark use the format below
- name: Notes url: https://app.standardnotes.org/ image: https://image.url
How to edit search engines?
- Navigate to _data —> search.yml
For each search engine use the format below
- name: Brave Search queryurl: https://search.brave.com/search?q=
Get a dashboard
Feel free to download the code and host it on Codeberg, Github, or anywhere else you want.
Codeberg pages, Github pages, and many other hosting services can be used to host and access your dashboard.